Mary's Gourmet Salads
Store Associate and Salad Crafter (San Diego)
compensation: $13-$15 – With Opportunity for Growth
employment type: part-time
About Mary’s Gourmet Salads
At Mary’s Gourmet Salads we are passionate about quality, fresh, natural, gourmet salads. We are constantly working to develop our menu and offer our guests superb tastes and textures, natural ingredients, and an endless space for creativity and innovation – Mary’s is the home of infinite possibility. In that spirit, we are uncompromising in our sourcing of the freshest ingredients, exceptional talent, supreme customer service, and holding firm on a simple mission: serve only what we ourselves would enjoy eating.
We are looking for a team player who’s open to growing and learning new things. Are you looking for an opportunity with a promising fast casual start-up company lead by strong entrepreneurial spirit? We are looking for unique individuals with a strong work ethic, a positive attitude, attention to detail, respect, ambition, and an ability to remain collected and deliver under pressure.
As a front of house team member, you will be an ambassador of Mary’s Gourmet Salads and be expected to present yourself with the utmost professionalism. You will be an integral part of the guest experience, through the creation of healthy, transparent, and delicious salads and face-to-face customer interactions, including greeting guests, taking orders, running the cash register, etc. It will be your job to ensure that we’re serving our guests products that live up to the quality and food safety standards that we pride ourselves on while providing them a welcoming and inviting atmosphere.
You must strive to be a true team player, willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to keep everything running smoothly. Every team member at Mary’s Gourmet Salads is expected and responsible for upholding our core values.
The essential functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Proficient verbal English language communication skills, which includes interpersonal conversational skills.
2. The Salad Crafter is consistently asked to make correct change at the cash register, which demands that he/she have basic math skills.
3. Essential to this job is the ability to move freely in and around obstacles common in the store. The Salad Crafter must be able to move from one work area to another at a moment’s notice and in and around crowded work areas.
4. Some lifting and the movement of moderate loads requires a 25 pound lifting requirement.
5. The ability to report to work at the prescribed time for each scheduled shift and to fulfill the job requirements for the duration of the shift or until relieved of all duties by a direct supervisor.
6. The ability to follow directions from a supervisor and interact productively with co-workers.
7. The ability to receive constructive criticism in a professional manner.
8. Follow proper knife safety procedures
9. Maintain clean, food-safe dish and prep stations throughout shift
• Food, Restaurant, and/or Team experience preferred but not a must, we will consider all other similarly qualified applicants.
• Knowledge of proper food safety handling – Food Handler’s Certificate Required
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment with kitchen and food prep equipment
• Team player with a positive can-do attitude
• Quick and adaptable learner
• Collaborative communication skills
• Accountable in upholding high standards
• Energetic, enthusiastic, and welcoming.
Mary’s Gourmet Salads Benefits
• A friendly, fun, and positive work environment, with a welcoming and supportive team
• A clear career path with opportunities for advancement and career development
• Healthy and delicious salad credit
Mary’s Gourmet Salads provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org