Jo-Ann Fabric & Crafts
The Team Member’s responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member’s role is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and perform duties of Brand Ambassador, Operational Excellence, Business Acumen, and Inspirational Leader.
BRAND AMBASSADOR AND CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model to meet the customer’s needs
- Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers’ project needs and escorts them to the desired product’s location
- Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register, and sales floor
- Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism and precision
- Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks. Move product from delivering truck to sales floor as needed.
- Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to detail
- Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any spills/messes with a sense of urgency
- Required to enter and exit truck beds to remove freight
- Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it according to company procedures
- Invites customers to participate in store activities such as Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events
- Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, suggestive selling, innovative merchandising and building strong customer relationships to the JOANN brand
- Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management
- Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team exceeds expectations set by Store Management
- Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in a friendly and professional manner
- Assists with training new Team Members on running the register, cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred
- No experience required; 1- 3 years previous experience in a customer centric environment preferred
- Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less than an average of 30 hours per week in a measurement period, as defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression.
- Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year. Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company’s full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs of the store and the team member’s availability. Relocation may be required for career progression
• Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
• Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout shift.
• Read written instructions, reports, and other information on paper and computer screens.
• Orally communicate with customers and other team members on consistent basis throughout their shift.
• Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
• Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal response).
• Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins, etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
• Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
• Bend down and reach above head.
• Climb and descend ladder.
• Individually lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and group lift +50 pounds up to -97 pounds (lifting 2lbs on a constant basis, 10lbs on a frequent basis).
This position will be located at:
2227 S El Camino Real Ste C Oceanside, CA 92054-6318
To apply for this job please visit joann.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.