Lofty Coffee Co. – Cedros Cafe is looking for team members to join our team in San Diego North County.
Our ideal candidate has positive attitude, knowledge of food & coffee and great customer service skills.
- This job contributes to the success of Lofty Co. by displaying a positive attitude and deliver exceptional customer service. Our team members must act with integrity, honesty and align with the values and ethos of Lofty Co. All team members must be able to perform all essential functions including but not limited to crafting beverages, food preparation and guest service.
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for Lofty Co. and demonstrates a thorough understanding of company products and services.
- Educate our guests about Lofty beverages, made from scratch baked goods and retail assortment.
- Respond proactively to prevent customer services issues.
- Communicate effectively with supervisors, team members and guests.
- Participate in all ongoing training of product knowledge, café operating standards, and customer service.
- Perform all essential functions and multiple-task under pressure.
- Be proficient with order processing function on SQUARE App with attention to detail using notes and data accuracy for guest orders with working in station.
- Maintain a clean and organized café following company standards and guidelines.
- Perform all opening and closing procedures.
- Perform all deep cleaning duties in compliance with San Diego county guidelines
- Practice safety first including social distancing and safety precautions at all times.
- Prepare beverages to Lofty standards and follow all drink recipes maintaining the highest quality.
- Understand coffee extraction and be able to taste defects to adjust and correct accordingly.
- Able to operate all coffee equipment proficiently including but not limited to espresso machines, grinders and coffee brew tools.
- Stay dialed to Lofty standard of espresso perimeters through entire shift.
- Precise preparation and deliverance of drinks in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a clean workstation following company standards and guidelines.
- FIFO guidelines: First-in = First-out rotation of coffee beans, milk, syrups to ensure freshness and proper sell-through.
- Display coffee bean sourcing origins and coffee roast knowledge.
- Display knowledge of Lofty milk products offerings, proprietary syrups, drink recipes and ingredients.
- Be mindful of guest food allergies.
- Prepare food to Lofty standards and follow all recipes and correct proportions maintaining the highest quality.
- Present food in intended containers and follow plating standards.
- Able to operate all kitchen equipment proficiently.
- Must have basic knife skills.
- Maintain clean workstation following company standards and guidelines.
- FIFO guidelines: First-in = First-out rotation of food product to ensure freshness and proper sell-through.
- Follow safe food handling guidelines
- Be mindful of guest food allergies.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior restaurant, retail experience or customer service preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills with guests, teammates and supervisors.
- Proficient on Square POS and KDS systems.
- Must be able to work all shifts including weekends and holidays to support business needs.
- Must be able to adhere to time and attendance policy by reporting to work on time for scheduled shifts.
- Hold yourself and teammates accountable for actions aligning with company standards.
- Must be well organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task under pressure.
- Required to regularly prepare food and beverages while adhering to food safety standards.
- This position will require frequent standing and use of hands and arms.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30lbs.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with guest and teammates.
- Must adhere to Lofty Co. dress code.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.