Boys & Girls Club
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carlsbad’s mission is to inspire our community’s young people to BE GREAT by offering educational, enriching, and fun experiences in a safe environment.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carlsbad is seeking highly motivated, energetic, and talented summer camp counselors who are ready for an unforgettable summer! Applicants should be passionate about youth work and invested in guiding, teaching, and mentoring kids between the grade levels of 1st and 8th. This position is responsible for planning and implementing a variety of summer camp activities while making an impact on our community’s youth.
– Prep, implement, and/or facilitate programs and activities for groups of children up to 12 members in grades 1st through 8th
– Promote, encourage, and engage kids in program participation
– Provide support and guidance to our kids
– Lead camp cheers, chants, songs, and games at our club meetings
– Drive a Club vehicle – if needed
– Experience in working with youth
– Quick problem solving and flexibility in all situations
– Patience and the ability to motivate and correct behavioral issues
– Multitasking in fast-paced situations
– Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
– Energy and the ability to lead a room full of kids
– Access to reliable transportation both to and from work
– Valid CA State Driver’s License – if required to drive a Club van
Location: 2730 Bressi Ranch Way, Carlsbad, CA 92009
Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 8 am – 6 pm
Schedule: Seasonal – MUST BE AVAILABLE June 15th – August 28th, 2020*
*Due to the number of members enrolled and our busy camp schedules, limited, prearranged time off will be considered.
HOURS: 15-30/Week – Hours vary
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.