Beach Terrace Inn
Pool & Beach Attendant – $15.00 an Hour Plus Benefits (Carlsbad)
compensation: $15.00 per hour plus benefits
employment type: full-time
We are looking to hire Pool & Beach Attendants who are fun energetic, outgoing candidates to join our team!
We are a family that takes pride in our quirky charm, our ahh-inspiring location, our hard-wired love of Guests, and our endless pursuit of fun.
Pool & Beach Attendant Job Overview: Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe, fun environment at the pool and beach, while providing exceptional service to guests.
Essential Job Functions:
• Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
• To perform this job successfully, essential hospitality standards must be used at all times: eye contact, SMILE, speaks first, engage in polite conversation, use the guest surname and anticipate guest needs.
• Must communicate very well in English, both written and spoken
• Set up and break down of the pool deck and beach daily
• Cleans pool furniture, tables, chairs, decks, etc. and replenishes pool towels, maintains equipment (umbrellas, cabanas, etc.) and removes trash. Monitors use of the pool facilities and guest inflow from the beach and hotel, and addresses and/or reports potential hazards to help ensure guest safety. Not responsible for life safety of guests.
• Proactively provide guests with fresh towels
• Collect used towels from guests and supply clean folded towels on all lounge chairs.
• Drop off and pick up of pool towels from laundry service as needed and requested.
• Serve complimentary water to guests, as well as maintain water supplies.
• Offer suntan lotion to guests.
• Enforce pool rules fairly and consistently.
• Maintain a professional appearance and conduct at all times.
• Pick up debris and trash on pool deck, beach and grounds.
• Empty trashcans.
• Straighten and position chairs and cabanas.
• Notify management of any problems that arise in the pool area that require maintenance or require immediate attention.
• Take care of guests’ needs and requests on the beach as time allows during duty.
• Must be very friendly, able to work in the sun and have an outgoing personality.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Report missing/found articles, damage or merchandise problems to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
• Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
We offer a fun, relaxed environment with an office on the beach; a true family work environment; willingness to ‘hand-craft’ your job responsibilities to your skills and interests that coincide with our needs; commitment to training from very experienced hospitality professionals; generous health, dental and vision insurance programs; CalSavers Retirement plan; vacation, holiday, and personal health days; Best Western travel discounts via employee rates; a motivated team that loves to celebrate and play.
Permission to work in the United States is required.
To apply, respond to this ad with a copy of your resume.
You can also, apply in person at:
Beach Terrace Inn
2775 Ocean Street
Carlsbad, CA. 92008
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org