Back in March of 1987 Gina and Vince Marsaglia, a pair of siblings in their 20’s, bought a struggling pizza place in the sleepy coastal town of Solana Beach, just north of San Diego. From a funky storefront on the famous Pacific Coast Highway the duo ran the “Pizza Port” with a classic menu of pizza and chicken wings to which they added their own “San Diego” twist. Early on, free space in the restaurant area was used to dabble in “home” brewing. Eventually, we were brewing more than could reasonably be consumed at “home”. So, we transitioned into the brewpub business. Pizza Port Brewing Company was born when the Pizza Port location offered its first craft-brewed beers to patrons in 1992.
We have since expanded to five brewpub locations winning multiple medals/awards from the Great American Beer Festival. Our Pizza Port locations are known for simple hand-built picnic tables and a hodge-podge décor of surf-related paraphernalia almost at odds with the sophisticated flavors of our food. Pizza Port is devoted to total customer satisfaction by providing the highest quality and the best service humanly possible while having too much fun! We take ultimate pride in our standards by offering a completely unique dining and drinking experience. Our motto is:
“Good Food and Good Beer Bring Good Cheer!”
We take great pride in the quality of our service, pizza, and craft beer. Our high standards can only be maintained through cool people who share our values and desire to provide our guests with the best experience each time they visit us! Does this sound like something you want to be a part of? We are looking for hard working individuals to join our amazing team at our Pizza Port Ocean Beach location.
Currently hiring for Cashiers/Pizza Makers
Job Summary – The Cashiers/Pizza Makers are responsible for providing exceptional guest service while executing operation/service standards at a high level in order to make Pizza Port Brewing Company the first choice for enjoying amazing pizza and craft beer. In order to achieve this, employees are responsible for working well within the team, behaving professionally, and providing great customer service and AMAZING product.
Essential Job duties/responsibilities:
· Meet and greet customers with a friendly and helpful attitude
· Ring in orders correctly on the register system
· Follow proper cash handling procedures
· Complete restaurant routines including opening/closing, cleaning, prepping, serving, etc.
· Take initiative and follow directions well
· Resolve potential customer concerns; if unable, seek manager assistance
· Read food order tickets and build pizza, salad, and other food orders accordingly
· Maintain a clean, safe and positive work environment
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Attention to details
· Friendly, outgoing personality
· Passion for tasty grub and amazing craft beers
· Good interpersonal skills, including professionalism with a STRONG focus on customer service
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and work in a quick paced pizza kitchen
· Ability to read, write and communicate effectively
· Availability to work a flexible schedule
Must take and pass a food handler test.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and communicate verbally. Will occasionally have to stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Applications and Resumes are currently being accepted at the Bressi Ranch Pizza Port location:
2730 Gateway Rd
Carlsbad, CA 92009
We are super excited if you are still reading about this job. This must mean you are interested and you think you have what it takes to join our team. To apply, please go to our location in person or apply directly through this posting. Please – no phone calls. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Cheers!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night Shift
To apply for this job please visit In%20Person.