Coaster Saloon is a full service restaurant and bar serving lunch and dinner daily and weekend brunch. Located in the heart of Mission Beach across from the Belmont Park Rollercoaster, Coaster Saloon offers authentic Texas-style bbq and over 40 beers on tap.
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains and complete
- Make sure entry and doors are clean, free of debris and inviting
- Check with Manager to assure there are no large parties or private parties you need to know about
- Review seating chart and organize reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand)
- Ensure dining room is set to restaurant standards
- Check with the kitchen and service staff to ensure they are ready to accept Guests
- Answer phones and assist callers with reservations and any other requested information.
- Greet and acknowledge every Guest with a friendly smile, escort them to their table and present menus
- Communicate with servers when Guests have been seated in their station
- Make sure server is aware they have been sat
- Manage restaurant waiting list to accurately set Guest expectations while maintain an even flow across server stations
- Say good-bye to all Guests. Check to make sure everything was wonderful. If there was any kind of problem quickly get a Manager
- The host or hostess is the first impression the Guest receives when they come to our restaurant, and they are also the last. We want it to be a memorable impression.
- Maintain clean and orderly service areas and complete side work duties
- Comply with established safety and sanitation standards
- Adhere to company policies and standard procedures
- Able to work in a high energy and fast paced work environment
- Able to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision
- Requires a good sense of prioritization and organizational skills
- Able to multi-task while maintaining a sense of urgency
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Able to project a friendly and helpful attitude
- Able to work as part of a Team
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity
- Must be dependable and timely
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Weekends, holidays and evenings required
- High standard of personal appearance and hygiene
- Food Handlers card required
- Able to lift 30-50 lbs.
- Able to stand, walk, lift, twist and bend for up to 8 hours a day
- Able to climb stairs while carrying 15-30 lbs.
- AM/PM Shift
- Entry Level – little to no experience
To apply for this job please visit www.cohnrestaurants.com.