Are you passionate about seafood and fine dining? Do you want to be part of a dynamic restaurant environment and a California tradition while deepening your knowledge of seafood? If so, then The Fish Market wants you to join our team as a host in our Top of the Market restaurant.
Brief Job Description:
The host must be able to masterfully provide hospitality and maintain a smile and pleasant attitude while representing The Fish Market’s standards of Uncompromised Quality and the Fish Market Philosophy.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greeting and seating guests promptly, cheerfully and courteously while maintaining a professional composure
- Answering phones, taking reservations, and assisting guests both in-person and on the phone
- Monitoring accurate table rotation
- Preserving the organization and cleanliness of the entrance and host stand
- Handling cash and using a POS system
- Providing “lateral service” to other departments as needed
- Being able to connect, communicate and work effectively with a large team
- 1-2 years’ experience as a host; fine dining experience preferred
- Ability to communicate courteously and effectively to guests
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- California Food Handler’s card
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically up to 30 pounds
- Be capable of standing up to 8 hours a shift
- Six months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. The Fish Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.