Looking for a fun job in Gymnastics?
Do you love coaching Gymnastics and building skills?
Are you 16 or older?
Want to go to the
Gym & Pool for FREE?
GROW YOUR CAREER AT OUR Y LOCATION(S) BELOW!
Y would I apply?
- FREE Complete Gym Membership
- FREE Workout Classes
- FREE Pool Access
- Work with Your Friends – Text them the link to this page now!
- Build Your Resume
- Opportunities for Growth
- Community Involvement
- PART TIME Perks
- FREE Family Membership
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
Sound good? (We think so, too!) Here’s what you would do:
- Teach assigned classes, following all lesson plans and rotation schedule
- Prepare creative and fun lesson plans and session outlines prior to each class
- Complete progression chart for each participant in the class and advance participants from one level to next through outlined evaluation procedures
- Maintain a basic knowledge of equipment use and safety checks
- Keep equipment in good condition
- Stay informed about the program specifics such as session dates, prices, classes, days, and times
- Work with the program director to ensure all participants are registered and in the correct class
- Maintain accurate records of class attendance
- Distribute certificates of achievement and program evaluations to class participants
- Maintain quality and safety in all classes, including an instructor to participant ratio of 1:8
- Identify, train, and develop leaders within the group of participants (class assistants)
- Show enthusiasm, leadership, fairness, and fun through coaching style
- Communicate with parents regarding program evaluations and participant progress
- Attend training events and instructor clinics when made available
- Encourage positive social skills and appropriate behavior
“OK, I’m sold!” What do I need to qualify?
- Must be 16 or older
- Previous experience working with children between 3 and 14 years of age preferred
- Previous gymnastics coaching experience a plus
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforce safety regulations and apply appropriate policies and procedures
- The physical ability to safely spot, lead, demonstrate, and interact in group activities
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation
- CPR/AED and First Aid, must include both Adult & Child/Infant, certified within 30 days of hire and must be from one of the following certifying organizations:
- American Red Cross
- American Heart Association
- American Safety & Health Institute
To apply for this job please visit chm.tbe.taleo.net.