Reports To: Front of House (FOH) Managers
Non-Exempt: Hourly Rate of Pay + Tips
The Busser is responsible for cleaning and resetting tables in a professional and effective manner, supporting service staff with refills and clearing tables and provides guests with beverage service as well as maintaining cleanliness in common areas of the restaurant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understand completely all policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines of the company.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, and friendly service.
- Can work with both front and back of the house with ease, and has a sense of urgency.
- Set up and stock assigned work area by following the established dining service standards.
- Clear and reset tables within established standard timings and guidelines.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses.
- Assist in serving tea, water, and other food and beverages.
- Assist server with all aspects of service as required while maintaining work area in a professional manner.
- Clean service stations, fill ice bins and restock storage and fridge items according to established par levels.
- Complete all opening and closing side duties as assigned.
- Assist with set up and breakdown of dining room facilities. Retrieve china, silver, glassware and other socking items from dish area.
- Polish and clean all equipment in side work stations
- Assist with proper sorting and removal of all trash and recycling.
- Any additional duties or special projects as requested by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 6+ months of experience as a restaurant busser or in a restaurant kitchen
- Proof of eligibility to work in the US.
- Understanding in both written and spoken English
- Possess basic math skills
- Friendly and out going. Enjoys being part of a team
- Dependable and reliable, strong work ethic
- Willingness to take direction, responsible and timely
- Common sense and good judgment, working calmly and effectively under pressure
- The ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $25.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- busser: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- United States (Preferred)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.