The Blend Barista provides guests with prompt, superior service, quality beverages and food products. Maintains clean and comfortable store environment. Assists guests select food and beverages by providing information about available selections.
- Upsells food and beverage items to maximize profitability. Enters orders to POS system and records guests’ choices, special dietary needs and special requests
- Prepares quality products including coffee and non-coffee beverages with the use of an espresso machine, blenders and other equipment assisting in beverage preparation
- Prepares food items according to recipes. Ensures guests are served quickly, courteously, and efficiently
- Operates a cash register and receives payment from customers in cash, credit card, or room accounts. Accurately counts and provides change to customers as required
- Balances all payment methods with accuracy to sales report
- Follows all standard food handling, sanitation, TIPS and health department guidelines
- One year food service or Barista experience
- Possess a basic knowledge of food and coffee preparation
- Must have a general knowledge of coffee beverages served
- Ability to serve needs of guests through verbal face-to-face interactions
- Perform basic math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Ability to learn and use POS computer systems used at the hotel
- Ability to work on AM, PM, weekend and holiday shifts as required by operational needs
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience within a hotel/resort environment
- A valid current Food Handlers Card or willingness and ability to obtain one within 30 days of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit, use hands to reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must be able to lift/move and exert around 50 pounds of force occasionally, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and other office/IT equipment.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.